Fashionista // Picked Up Recently

October 26, 2012

It's Friday!!! Are you guys as excited about that as I am? Big plans for the weekend? Me neither. Actually, we'll be painting the dining room which will be quite rewarding when we see the end results, so I'm feeling positive.

I can tell you what is exciting though. As someone that really doesn't love to shop (for clothes), I have had a little closet transformation going on lately. I'm fiiiinally giving in to the notion that sometimes it's appropriate to spend a little more to get more. Which is very hard for someone traditionally extremely frugal, I tell ya. It HURTS to hit that purchase button! However, since eliminating over half of my closet this summer, I'm intent on acquiring some well-made pieces that will last. (Yes, including those Kate Spade and J.Crew numbers I mentioned in the new Want in Every Color column. I don't lie, people.)

Not all of my recent purchases are "high end," but some do feel pretty extravagant since I don't normally invest much in clothes. I prefer those dollas go to the house! (Like on the second Persian I'll be picking up this weekend . . .)

5 comments:

drew elizabeth said...

That animal print top is AWESOME. I love tops that you can dress up or down!

Anonymous said...

Rawr ;)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Great great choices, love them all, especially the tee, and I love the color you chose for your wallet. I've been doing the same here while in Florida, I gave 6 garbage bags full of clothes to the Goodwill and now I'm getting less pieces that I'd normally get but of better quality ;)

Kelly Still Employed! said...

how do you like the tippi sweater? I stare at it often but haven't pulled the trigger for some reason. I mean, it's just a sweater, I know, but decision making is not my strength.

Tobe | BIA said...

oh, Kelly, I love them! "Them" because I own four. I haven't had them long enough to say how they really hold up, but so far so good. Do it. I think there are still several great colors on sale!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger