Monday Blues // 06

October 15, 2012

Justin Whitman via Traditional Home

Despite my decision to go white on the first floor, sometimes I still think about the would-be formal dining room that we're planning to transform into a den, and how it would look absolutely amazing in a rich, sultry color like the shot above. I don't know how feasible it would be, but we've toyed with the idea of installing french doors between the family room and den, essentially separating the spaces just enough that maybe one dramatic space amongst all of that white wouldn't be too out of place? I'm not sure.

I especially love that the walls, moldings, bookshelves, doors and ceiling are all painted out in the same sexy hue with curtains to match. Creates quite the perfect backdrop, no?  *I do think patterned window treatments would have looked spectacular, too.

p.s. Donna posted some noteworthy libraries last week. I'm still wiping up the drool . . .

11 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

thanks, m'lady.

those green leather chairs are my undoing. donna

Jordana @ White Cabana said...

A navy library...love the departure from typical deep brown & red.
Jordana

My Interior Life said...

You know I love the darkness. I say go for it. I just finished painting my guest room/office black and am loving it!

Becca - Rebecca Atwood Designs said...

I love this room! I really want to paint one of our rooms a deep dark navy like this as well...but am also concerned about how it will relate with the rest of our apartment. Thanks for the inspiration!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I will have a bit of chartreuse in my house... some way some how!

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Do it, do it, do it!!!!! With glossy trims and matching everything. Would look so fab!

Leah said...

I think this color would look fantastic!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

I love the blue! It's so chic with everything being the same color. I especially love those fabulous chairs!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

The blue is fab but I think it's the wham bam of chartreuse that REALLY makes that room!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I hear ya. I'm dying to paint something in navy. I love the room you posted - not your typical Jan Showers space.

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

do that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger