Where/Wear, Art Inspired

October 11, 2012

Helllllooo. Boy, do I have some fun news for you kids today! After some deliberation, Gaby and I have decided to bring our Where/Wear column to our own blogs. And today is our official first installment. Holla!

Inspired by a very beautiful painting by the extraordinarily talented Mallory Page, we bring you an unexpected combo of color and style . . .

WEAR (aka Gaby's outfit genius)
When I saw this painting (by Tobe's suggestion I have to add) I immediately thought of that gorgeous peacoat, a piece that is intended to make you stand out, just as that painting is intended to be the focal point in a room. This is why I left the rest of the outfit simple yet chic, like that cablecross sweater, those legging-style jeans and dark brown leather riding boots. But of course, simple doesn't mean that you have to leave some fun elements out, right? I think that leopard-print driving gloves add the perfect hint of texture and print to this look! And to complete the outfit I couldn't leave out a fabulous leather tote and some gold accessories like a braided snake-chain bracelet to be layered with this link chain bracelet. 



WHERE
Could that seriously please be my living room? Building a space around Mallory's art meant keeping things generally neutral so her work could really be the spotlight. A dark leather couch grounds the piece, and yin-yang is achieved with a white parsons coffee table. I dig the visual weight of that table and that the white keeps things feeling fresh and bright. A couple of metallic stools add a touch of glam and extra seating in a pinch. The navy Pagoda lamps (pretend there's one on either side of the sofa) and injection of leopard add color, pattern and the bit of whimsy that are basically essential in any successful room. Agate coasters round things out with the ever-necessary natural element. Boom! A room almost as delicious as that outfit.

9 comments:

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

i would wear that outfit all day long.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

wowza. i wish my calves could fit into boots like those. HAWT

Elyse | Peonies and Brass said...

The gloves, the art, the sofa, the lamp. Enough said. <3

Unknown said...

Very cute Tobe! I especially love the pink coat!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Emily said...

this whole thing is perfect. the. whole. thing.

Elizabeth // The Now said...

I saw this on Gaby's blog but had to tell you how great your space looks!! I am obsessed with that Mallory Page piece! Those pagoda lamps and leopard pillow make me pretty happy! Love love love! xoxo

Emily | Recently said...

Yes, yes aaand yes. You know I love this series, like, almost as much as my firstborn. Please don't ever stop.

Jordana @ White Cabana said...

Those leopard gloves definitely caught my eye!
Jordana

Unknown said...

That art is amazing! i haven't seen her pieces yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger