World Series of Barbecue

October 5, 2012

It's Friday!!! I have to tell you guys, today marks the end of a very long and angst-ridden 7 weeks. O-V-E-R. Hallelujah! Since I've earned a little R&R, hubs and I are thinking about heading down to the biggest barbecue competition in the world.

That's right. You've surely heard that Kansas City's barbecue is arguably the best in the United States ('tis true). Well, every year the city hosts the barbecue contest of all contests, and it's open to the public for great food, drink, fun and games. How cool is that??

In honor, I came across this great Eat 17 Bacon Jam designed by Together Design. Being that bacon jam is best served on warm bread, here's a little fall service setup:



Happy relaxing weekend! ox

6 comments:

drew elizabeth said...

That bacon jam looks delish!

Unknown said...

Love me some good 'cue! I need to catch up on your posts to hear what's been going on the past 7 weeks! But I feel you, I've been very off my game due to circumstances out of my control lately. Finally feel back on track!

Heather (love your space) said...

My husband recently went to barbeque judge school, and now he trolls the calendars for BBQ events coming our way, very proud that he gets to taste what the general public doesn't. He would be jealous of this event, though! Have fun!!

Tobe | BIA said...

Heather!!! coolest. job. ever.

Elizabeth // The Now said...

Whoa I've never had bacon jam!! I love the packaging plus it sounds delish. Must get this magical stuff! xoxo

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Yay is over! Very much in love with the napkins and glasses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger